| lv 1: 50 |
lv 45: 138
max stats lv 45: 278
| min stats: 12m/s |
max stats: 24 m/s
| min stats: 0.6s |
max stats: 0.3s
| lv 1: 12m/s |
lv 45: 6m/s
max stats lv 45: 10m/s
Description[edit | edit source]
The Tank usually called the Basic Tank, is the the first and basic playing character and is the first tank that the player has once they spawn. It has one cannon which shoots one bullet at a time in a straight path, with slight recoil. At level one, with no Upgrades, it has 50 health points.
Design[edit | edit source]
The Tank is constructed of two parts: the barrel, and the hull.
- The barrel is the source of bullets or drones fired, and is used to aim effectively.
- The hull is the vulnerable part of the Tank. If the hull is hit, your tank will take damage. Bullets and such cannot hit the barrel.
Base stats[edit source]
Base stats represent the implicit values of the stats of the current tank, without taking account of the points assigned by the player.
Evolutionary stages[edit source]
See Class Tree
|To Tank||Go to the website diep.io. Press <enter>.|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The strategies for this tank are:
- Strong against: Low upgraded tanks.
- Weak against: Skilled Overlord players, highly upgraded tanks, high level tanks, high reload tanks.
As the Tank:[edit | edit source]
- Upon starting the game, players should try to find and kill any Pentagons near their spawn point, because Pentagons are most effective for leveling up. If there are none nearby, it is a good strategy to destroy any nearby Squares or Triangles instead. It is often advisable for beginners to upgrade Health Regen and Max Health at least thrice.
- While playing 2 Teams or 4 Teams, players should try to stay at their Base and take out Polygons nearby when they are at a lower level. If the enemy team’s players are taking up most of the Leaderboard and/or are spawn-camping the player’s team, they should consider going to a different area of the spawn camp.
- As a low-leveled tank with maxed out Max Health and Body Damage, players can surprise bullet build players by making yourself seem harmless. This is a good way to quickly reach Smasher.
- Players should try to stay away from others in non-team game modes. Players should also not attack others until they reach level 30 or above
Against the Tank:[edit | edit source]
- High reload tanks can easily overwhelm the tank if they have enough Bullet Penetration and Reload because the Tank has just one cannon. Becoming a Twin class tank is good to take out a Tank
- A common strategy is spawn-camping, when players will aim to find and kill tanks that have just spawned. This works very well with Sniper-class tanks due to their high FOV. If the player chooses to use this strategy in 2 Teams or 4 Teams they should upgrade Movement Speed and be ready to run away from Protectors at a moment's notice.
- An Overlord could flank a Tank. It is still appropriate to attack it from the front, since the Tank doesn't have enough reload to destroy them all. But be careful, because a Tank with almost and/or fully maxed out Movement Speed may easily run away from them.
|Name||What is required|
|There are other classes?||Get to a level 45 as Basic Tank|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Upon spawning, the Tank will spin.
- The Tank provides no buffs or debuffs.
- The Tank’s Bullets are the fifth most powerful in the game, tied with Twin, Machine Gun, and Flank Guard, only under the Destroyer class.
- The Tank is the only Tier 1 Tank in the game.
- The Tank is one of two Classes that has an upgrade directly branching from it that is two tiers higher than itself, the Smasher (Tier 3). The other tank with this quality is the Machine Gun, branching to the Sprayer (Tier 4).
- This Tank, along with the Twin, Triplet, Triple Shot, Quad Tank and Octo Tank, were the first tanks ever added to the game.
- A level 8 Tank with Movement Speed fully upgraded is the fastest tank in the game, and is faster than even a level 30 Tri-Angle or a level 45 Booster.
- The reason why a level 8 Tank is faster than a level 30 Tri-Angle is because the higher Level of a tank, the slower it gets.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Tier 2||Flank Guard • Machine Gun • Sniper • Twin|
|Tier 3||Assassin • Auto 3 • Destroyer • Gunner • Hunter • Overseer • Quad Tank • Smasher • Trapper • Tri-Angle • Triple Shot • Twin Flank|
|Tier 4||Annihilator • Auto 5 • Auto Gunner • Auto Smasher • Auto Trapper • Battleship • Booster • Factory • Fighter • Gunner Trapper • Hybrid • Landmine • Manager • Mega Trapper • Necromancer • Octo Tank • Overlord • Overtrapper • Penta Shot • Predator • Ranger • Rocketeer • Skimmer • Spike • Sprayer • Spread Shot • Stalker • Streamliner • Tri-Trapper • Triple Twin • Triplet|
|Special||Dominator • Mothership|
|Mobs||Bosses||Defender • Fallen Overlord • Fallen Booster • Guardian • Summoner|
|Other||Arena Closer • Dominator|
|Triangles||Base Drone • Crasher • Drone|
|Other||Discontinued||Auto Tank • Machine Gun (v2) • Mega Smasher • Predator (old) • Sprayer (old) • X Hunter|